Monday, December 10, 2012

Obedience

I have a huge desire to be obedient and follow the Lord Jesus Christ. I have a desire to live a life consecrated to Him. This desire to follow Him has come to me little-by-little. It has come because I have received joy by following his commandments in the past. I have been given the Light of Christ and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. These two things speak to me through thoughts and feelings. They tell me what is right and what is wrong. I cannot deny the joy that comes when I am obedient, and I cannot deny the guilt I feel when I sin. I will strive to be obedient to God’s will for all of my life and the eternities thereafter.

“My brothers and sisters, the lord purposes are often accomplished as we pay heed to the guidance of the spirit. I believe that the more we act on the inspiration and impressions that come to us the more the lord will entrust to us his errands. I’ve learned, as I have mentioned in previous messages, never to postpone a prompting.”
–President Monson, Consider the Blessings, October 2012 General Conference

“God is never hidden, yet sometimes we are, covered by a pavilion of motivations that draw us away from God and make Him seem distant and inaccessible. Our own desires, rather than a feeling of “Thy will be done,” create the feeling of a pavilion blocking God. God is not unable to see us or communicate with us, but we may be unwilling to listen or submit to His will and His time.”
–President Eyring, Where is the Pavilion? October 2012 General Conference

My desire to know and do His will gave me a soul-stretching opportunity.” 
–President Eyring, Where is the Pavilion? October 2012 General Conference

 “As you continue to live righteously, you will always be prompted to know what to do. Sometimes the discovery of what action to take may require significant effort and trust on your part. Yet you will be prompted to know what to do as you meet the conditions for such divine guidance in your life, namely, obedience to the commandments of the Lord, trust in His divine plan of happiness, and the avoidance of anything that is contrary to it.”
–Elder Scott, How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration in Your Spiritual Lives, October 2012 General Conference 

"Worthiness to hold a temple recommend gives us the strength to keep our temple covenants.”
–Elder Hales, Coming to Ourselves: The Sacrament, the temple, and Sacrifice in Service, April 2012 General Conference

“Conversion is an enlarging, a deepening, and a broadening of the undergirding base of testimony. It is the result of revelation from God, accompanied by individual repentance, obedience, and diligence.”
–Elder Bednar, Converted Unto the Lord, October 2012 General Conference

“Strive always to live the values which are set forth. Believe, as your theme states, that if you accept and act upon those values, you will be prepared to strengthen your home and your family, to make and keep sacred covenants, to receive the ordinances of the temple, and to eventually enjoy the blessings of exaltation. These are beautiful gospel truths, and by following them, you will be happier throughout your life here and hereafter than you will be if you disregard them.”
–President Monson, Believe, Obey, and Endure, April 2012 General Conference


“My beloved brothers and sisters, I am not certain just what our experience will be on Judgment Day, but I will be very surprised if at some point in that conversation, God does not ask us exactly what Christ asked Peter: “Did you love me?” I think He will want to know if in our very mortal, very inadequate, and sometimes childish grasp of things, did we at least understand one commandment, the first and greatest commandment of them all—“Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind.” And if at such a moment we can stammer out, “Yea, Lord, thou knowest that I love thee,” then He may remind us that the crowning characteristic of love is always loyalty.”
–Elder Holland, The First Great Commandment, October 2012 General Conference

“One must be ever mentally and physically clean and have purity of intent so that the Lord can inspire. One who is obedient to His commandments is trusted of the Lord. That individual has access to His inspiration to know what to do and, as needed, the divine power to do it.”
–Elder Scott, How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration in Your Personal Life, April 2012 General Conference 

“The more closely you follow divine guidance, the greater will be your happiness here and for eternity—moreover, the more abundant your progress and capacity to serve. I do not understand fully how it is done, but that guidance in your life does not take away your agency. You can make the decisions you choose to make. But remember, the disposition to do right brings peace of mind and happiness.”
–Elder Scott, How to Obtain Revelation and Inspiration in Your Personal Life, April 2012 General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment